Hello, my name is Tyler McKell. I am a proud father of 5 and a lucky husband of one. I graduated from Brigham Young University with a BA in Math Education and I have a Masters Degree in Educational Technology from Boise State University. I taught math at Skyview in the SMT magnet program for 11 years and I also worked as a part-time instructor at various online high schools. When I am not working, I enjoy gardening, songwriting, and spending time with the family.
What is an ITF?
An Instructional Technology Facilitator (ITF) is responsible for the integration of technology into the classroom and school culture. My ultimate goal is helping teachers design and deliver learning in a way that is relevant, authentic, and engaging for students. Instructional technology can assist in preparing students for life by encouraging critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and adaptation in a rapidly changing society. Another smaller part of an ITF’s job includes making sure that the distribution, maintenance and inventory procedures of 1:1 devices run as smoothly as possible.
What can I do for you?
- Collaborate in designing a lesson, unit, or project
- Provide classroom support or co-teach using technology
- Observe classroom and work together to achieve instructional goals
- Get you connected with educators working in your field of study, who are doing cool things using iPads
- Support teachers with using the 5D’s and collecting data for the evaluation
- Provide instruction on how to use specific iPad Apps
- Using Google Apps for Education (GAFE)- Chrome, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc
- Using Microsoft Office 365
- Troubleshoot iPad issues
- Design and develop your Canvas Course
- Find Canvas resources for your content area
- Canvas Tips and Tricks
- Canvas-Skyward Integration
- Troubleshoot Canvas Issues